Why SEO Matters for Local Businesses - 5 Whysin Marketing Fundamentals, Local Marketing Fundamentals, SEO
Understanding "why" you do something is important and we're big fans of the 5-Whys technique so we thought we'd run through the 5-whys for the importance of local businesses ranking well on Google and other search engines.
If you think that search engine optimization isn't important for your business or perhaps not worth trying to improve in some basic way then this is for you
- When you rank higher and across more search intent then more people see your brand
- If more people see you then more people click & visit
- If more people click and visit then more people will learn about you
- If more people learn about you then more people will call or visit your business
- If more people call on your business then more become customers and your business become more profitable
- If you get more customers then you have a larger base of potential referrals and word-of-mouth marketing (both offline and social media varieties)
As you can see, sometimes there are more than 5-whys but understand the root of an issue is always a good exercise.
If you don't know where to start with SEO or you fear it'd be too expensive, time consuming or otherwise prohibitive give us a shout.
Doing SEO right means telling your unique story, educating your customers and sharing the passion you have for your local business.