Introducing A Local Ecommerce Solution - No Website or Experience Required - Part of Every Locable Accountin Platform And Feature Updates, Marketing Fundamentals
Selling online has become a top priority because of COVID
Traditionally, we've discouraged many small business owners from selling online for three primary reasons:
- Local businesses don't want to take the time to post and manage their online inventory
- Handling fulfillment and shipping feels like a prohibitively time-intensive and distracting activity
- Without ongoing marketing and promotion, local businesses won't sell anything anyway
Things have changed
Obviously, businesses are facing a unique challenge and we're seeing that business owners who previously shunned marketing or having a website are now exploring all options.
Next, curbside pickup is a phenomenon that is likely to stick around now that people have come to expect it.
We're excited to announce our locally-focused, easy to use, e-commerce tools.
We have opened the first cohort and it is entirely free for and you don't have to have a website to use them and sell online (though you should have an effective website for many reasons and we have affordable options to help).
Locable T-Shirt Shopping Example
Our focus is on first-time sellers, those with a handful of products, gift cards (perhaps like the #BuyLocalWarBonds example), etc. More established sellers may list items for sale in order to participate in their community's Mercantile™.
You can start selling online for your local business or nonprofit by following these easy steps:
- Sign up or sign in to your Locable account - it's free and gives you access to a number of tools.
- There are a few steps to follow to sign up for a merchant account with Stripe and add your first products - you may want to review this step-by-step webinar on how to set up your online store.
- That's it!... now, tell your friends ;)